July 1, 2013

Happiness

Have you ever heard of the book 14,000 Things to be Happy About? I first came across this book several years ago at my grandmother's house. She had the book lying on her coffee table and it peaked my curiosity.  Its great to know that there are that many thing that will make you happy in life. It makes me think about what are the things that really make me happy. 





Singing like you own it.
Im such a dork, and I fully embrace it. I had a conversation recently with a friend about music. He was trying to get me into some EDM and I was explaining that it was not my jam unless I'm intensely working out because I need to have something to sing along with. I wanna sit in my car and belt out to Beyonce as I have a stellar solo performance.

Smoothies.

Nix the iced mocha caramel extra whip extra syrup extra expresso java and take a gulp of something more beneficial and loaded with antioxidants instead. I've been on a smoothie kick lately and I feel so much more cleansed after substituting one of these bad boys for one of my daily meals.

Summer Weather
It may be a few days away from summer still, but the weather is definitely feeling like it and i love it. Weather to go to the beach, have a picnic, eat lunch outside, get a tan, or simply go for a walk.

Wasting time in the aisles of a bookstore
I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday to pick up a new book for some summer reading on my lazy days and it was a such an awesome feeling to just stand there browsing the aisles. I have been getting back into the habit of reading more often this year. Less tv and more books is what I've been trying to follow through with. There is no other feeling than getting lost in a book with characters that you end up feeling all these real emotions for as you get involved with them. I cant wait til the next sunny day where I can lay out in the backyard tanning and indulging in my recent purchase.






No comments :

Post a Comment